Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
The goal of the Liberal Studies Department is to prepare critical thinkers, articulate communicators, and effective problem-solvers, ready to enter a variety of career paths or proceed to graduate level study upon completion of their undergraduate studies.
The Liberal Studies program offers majors in:
Also offered is an:
Liberal Studies students are educated to:
- Perform high-level literacy skills readily and consistently (reading, writing, presenting and listening).
- Utilize information technologies to formulate questions and conduct research.
- Critically analyze complex problems and offer effective solutions.
- Adapt readily to new learning and problem-solving situations.
- Conduct themselves ethically.
- Integrate learning across courses, over time, and between campus and community life.
- Seek ongoing opportunities for professional growth and life-long learning.